How To Properly Care For Your Hair?
Always wash your hair extensions first before installation. You will be able to detect any issues with your bundles at this time. If you do, please contact us immediately to discuss the problems and we will resolve them accordingly.
Use the over and out method when installing your hair. Although our wefts are custom made, we still advise that you care for them the best you can. Not required, but you may seal your wefts using a good quality weft sealant. Also, cut your wefts only when absolutely necessary. After your install, brush your hair out thoroughly to remove loose hairs.
|* Apply a moisture rich Conditioner and comb hair, starting with the ends working your way up to your scalp.
* Detangle in small sections with a wide-tooth comb.
* Do not massage the hair.
* Leave Conditioner in for at least 15 minutes or more. The longer you leave the conditioner in before rinsing, the more hydrated your hair will be.
* Rinse thoroughly.
* Scrunch hair gently to enhance the curls.
* For Curly hair, be sure to brush the hair gently from the bottom to the top daily and apply a leave-in conditioner that will softens, moisturizes and does not leave hair frizzy. We recommend using GOOD quality hair conditioner. If you do not apply a leave in curl conditioner the hair will start to frizz and become dry.
* Do not use oil products or excessive products on curly hair, it will cause matting.
* Make sure to brush the hair daily and always start from the ends and work your way up. Do not brush or comb hair when dry, it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to tangle. Apply an alcohol-free hair serum for shine as needed.
* Keep the hair clean by washing once a week with warm or cool water. Do not wash hair too often this will dry the hair out.
* Gently brush your hair system with a wide-tooth comb or brush starting at the ends working your way slowly up the hair shaft to the root area before getting your hair wet.
* When styling your hair do not overuse products on the hair. Too much leave-in conditioner and other hair care product will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle. Use an Organic and sulfate free shampoo. Sulfate strips hair of natural oils, as there is no direct supply of nutrients from your scalp into the extension strands, its vital that you use a no sulfate shampoo to avoid drying the hair out.
* Make sure hair is being washed in ONE direction (from scalp to ends) avoid circular motions! This can lead to tangling.
* Rinse between each wash, and wash only 1-2 times.
* Whilst wet, add 2-3 drops of natural oil such as Almond or Coconut by gently applying it evenly over the hair, these oils will penetrate the cuticles and add moisture to hair extensions. Natural oils do the work of most conditioners without the added chemicals and silicones, natural is always best.
* Finally, lower the shower head and rinse your hair (not scalp) with cold water, this is known as an Arctic Rinse it will close the cuticles to lock the moisture and nutrients from the oil in, leaving you with nutrient rich hair extensions.
* Squeeze out excess water and blow dry gently on low heat or air dry. Do not towel rub or twist the hair to dry. Take 2-3 hours to wash and naturally dry your hair - Do not use heat as this will swell and dry your strands.
* Apply a small amount of Argan, Almond or Coconut oil 2-3 times a week or when required. Argan oil is a great finishing oil for styling and frizz, however its a dry oil and does not moisturise the hair as well as Almond or Coconut.
* For long lasting hair extensions, moisturise your hair as you do your skin, it makes perfect sense.
* Important Note: Wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, and excessive exercise. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair will tangle.
* Disclaimer-We now only suggest using a wide-tooth comb when detangling your curly hair for juicier ringlets.
*The great thing about Virgin Human Hair is that you can style it as you would your own hair. You can color or perm the hair.
*We suggest that you use a professional colorist that has worked with Virgin hair before or we suggest you use a cream coloring system that isn’t as harsh on the hairs.
Bed Time Care
* Before going to bed, put your hair in one big high ponytail or one loose large braid, wear a satin scarf or bonnet (comb through the hair before making braids).
* Never sleep on wet hair. Make sure your hair is completely dry before going to bed.
* After waking up, untie ponytail.
* Spray hair with a water bottle and comb through section by section using a wide-tooth comb starting from the roots to the top.
* Scrunch hair gently.
* Let air-dry.
* Do not touch when wet. This causes the hair to get big and frizzy.